Thursday, May 24, 2012

Harbor East & Fells Point


Harbor East is an area of Baltimore that has been growing within the past couple of years. It lays on the CHesapeake Bay and is very close to downtown Baltimore. Personally, I enjoy Harbor East more because I feel like it looks nicer and newer. The picture to the left is one I took of the main circle of Harbor East. The big buildings over there are mainly hotels. It is amazing how they made this area so much nicer because years ago it would be unsafe to walk over to this area of Baltimore.


When you walk into Harbor East you eventually end up at Fells point. This is a nice area with many small, local shops. If you look to the right, I took that picture early in the morning. It is at Fells point and there was a very nice sunrise. Fells point is a great place to walk around and look at all of the cool shops. The streets are made of stones which I always find neat. This is one of my favorite places to walk in Baltimore because you get a good view of the bay area and it is a nice area just to socialize. As I said, many years ago it would have been unsafe to walk from Harbor East to Fells Point. I think it is great how if we take the initiative we can make this world such a nicer and friendlier place.

2 comments: